Physical Address: Ermelo Road, Springs
The Ancor works is situated in Springs and falls within the DD5 drainage district. Built in 1936 and upgraded on several occasions over a period of time, the works was dsigned to treat 32 megalitres of wastewater per day from the Springs and Kwa Thema areas. Conventional biological filtration is employed as the main treatment process.
A central inlet works, incorporating the process of screening and grit removal, serves the works. The biological filtration processes include primary clarification, biological filtration and humus clarification. The humus tank effluent is filtered through rapid sand filters before pumping a portion to a local industry. The residual effluent is finally treated to chemically remove ortho-phosphate and chlorinated before discharging it into a tributary of the Blesbokspruit.
Capacity : 32.00 Mℓ/d